The lawyers of the Employment Law and International Mobility Department assist companies of all sizes, their management and personnel in the routine management of human resources, as well as in issues relating to employee welfare law.
Drawing on experience and expertise in the field across all industries, our teams continuously endeavour to assist employers in the implementation of HR policies in line with their company’s business and societal requirements.
That approach, which guarantees the prevention of psychosocial risks and the management of individual or collective conflicts, allows us to offer our customers appropriate and effective solutions in the interest and for the protection of the company.
We deploy our pragmatic know-how and advice in the following areas in particular:
- Management of individual workplace relations: from recruitment to termination of employment contracts, we support our clients ** in the implementation of the company’s management decisions and leadership** (employment contracts, drafting of specific clauses, implementation of disciplinary power, monitoring and training of employees, supervision of teams, etc.).
- Employee dialogue: we assist our clients in the establishment and management of employees’ representative organisations (elections, organisation and functioning of bodies, mandatory consultations, conflict prevention, etc.). We also advise and support companies in the management of dialogue with employees and collective bargaining in all areas of employment law (mandatory annual negotiations, organisation of working hours, remuneration, collective performance agreements, gender equality, etc.), to meet both business requirements and the promotion and development of internal skills.
- Conversion/reorganisation of companies: we regularly support restructuring operations (disposals, splits, mergers, transfer of assets, change of control, employee relations and compliance audits, harmonisation of articles etc.). We have recognized expertise in the implementation and management of downsizing plans, redundancy plans and other alternative solutions (voluntary departure plans, voluntary collective terminations, prospective management of employees and skills, collective performance agreements, etc.).
- Remuneration and employees’ savings plans: we advise our clients in the implementation of individual and collective wage policies, optimisation of executive remuneration, as well as employees’ savings (conclusion or modification of voluntary and/or mandatory profit-sharing agreements).
- International mobility: in collaboration with our tax department, we advise companies on all issues related to **international mobility** (posting/expatriation of employees).
- Risk management: we work routinely to assist companies in the implementation of compliance and deployment of ever changing health and safety rules. In particular, we apply our expertise in this area to the management of psychosocial risks and the prevention and monitoring of occupational injuries and diseases.
- Litigation management/representation before competent courts: we assist and represent our clients before governmental agencies (labour inspectorate, consumer, competition and employment directorates, employee welfare funds etc.) and competent courts (industrial tribunals, courts of appeal, ordinary courts, administrative courts etc.) as part of individual or collective labour and social security law proceedings.
Besides, we organise training sessions and news events for professionals (employers’ unions, national association of human resource directors, companies, etc.) and students (Law school and University of Law of Aix-Marseille).